Wednesday 1 April 2015

Multi color knitted scarf

multi color knitted scarf
Spring on a scarf

I have found this soft green, brown, grey, pink, cream and yellow coloured yarn and I wanted to knit a scarf from it for EE. Lovely spring colours, all in one yarn, so I do not have to worry about the knots and joining like last time with my first scarf. I have tried a good few patterns but none of them showed the colours well. Finally the simplest stitch gave me the best result, stocking stitch. BUT despite the the garter stitch rows at the long ends it curled up tight. I will be needing a back for this scarf.

Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly Peekaboo DK (55% Nylon, 45% Acrylic);

[i] STOCKING STITCH - when you knit one row, purl one row. The front (right side) is smooth and flat, and the back (wrong side) is rough and has rows of raised ridges. The side edges curl towards the back of the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment