Tuesday 27 January 2015

Five-petaled flowers

Frilly little flowers, dreaming of spring

In order to find a suitable border, an ending to EE's striped scarf I ventured into crochet-land. After learning how to hold and where to put the hook, where to pull and when to wrap the yarn I started with a simple flower. An easy-to-follow, well-explained video from HappyBerry was my guide. Thanks again for taking the time to make video for Absolute Beginners.

The pattern is simple:
ch 7; sl st into 1st ch; [ch 4; 3 tr (wrap2x) into center ring; ch 4; sl st into center ring] x 5.

I used the pink and cream yarn, pure wool dk from Rowan and a 3.5 mm hook (the yarn expert lady in the shop recommended this size not the 4 mm for the dk yarn I already had).

I decorated EE's gloves with the new little flowers. Now she will easily find the palms and tops.

[i] basic crochet stitches from HappyBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment