Thursday 29 January 2015

Strawberry

crochet_strawberry
Dreaming of summer already...

Yummy red strawberry, my tot's favourite fruit. She could not eat enough in the summer from grandpa's garden. Of course I was going to crochet a strawberry for her as soon as I can with my newly learned skill. OK, it is far from a skilled workmanship but hey, it looks like a strawberry, and she was very happy to play with it.

This strawberry pattern also comes from HappyBerry, Crochet a Strawberry, and there is a strawberry video too to how to actually do it.

I have used a 3.5 mm hook (the only one I have), and learning from the making of the mini mouse, I used lots and lots of stitch markers. It wasn't comfortable to work with 30 stitch markers but that's how I managed to get the right number of stitches in every row. Maybe because of the stitch markers, maybe because of the 3.5 mm hook, I ended up with a double-sized strawberry. It is still perfect for little hands to hold and make strawberry pie or strawberry porridge from it.

The wholes between the stitches are slightly big(ish), so I wrapped the toy stuffing into a silky red fabric first, thus it can't come out through the bigger wholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment